View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
zeniq
The IT guy
zeniq began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro [white]
Problem after firmware update

So. I got my Pocket Pro 3 days ago, and I have been loving it. I've read more in these 3 days than I have in the past 3 years. Unfortunately, I seem to have run into some problems.

A lot of my ebooks are in .lit format. I had no problem opening and reading them when I first had the reader. However, this evening I decided it was time to perform a firmware upgrade. The upgrade seemed to go without a hitch.

However, now that the update is compete, I can't open .lit files! Epub files open just fine, but when I select a .lit file, the hourglass shows up by the file, and the light flashes briefly green, and then... nothing.

I was thinking that maybe the file was just taking a while to open, but I left it for about 10 minutes and the screen never changed. So I hit the power button, and the lock screen came on. I hit the power button again, and nothing would happen, it stayed on the lock screen. However, the light would blink green to show that I was pressing buttons. I ended up having to use the reset button.

So after that, It came back up and would open epub files, but not .lits again. This time, the lock screen would come up, but wouldn't go away again, but I was able to shut it off with the power button, and the "Closing library" screen came up.

Does anyone have any suggestions or what I can do? I'm hoping that the firmware upgrade didn't break capability to read .lit files, because about 80% of my ebook library is in that format. I guess I can just convert them to epub with Calibre, but that will be a huge pain.
zeniq is offline   Reply With Quote