View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #99
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Someone posted this conversation on kindle boards that they had with a Kindle CS rep. Hmm.. I can't see how a software fix could fix those issues, still I thought I'd add the post here.

Interesting (and hopeful) conversation i had with Amazon CS today to check in that they received my 2nd PW replacement that i returned last week. his exact quote:

"Yeah, we've gotten so many returns over reports of pink and blue lighting problems and we're definitely working on it. In the next few weeks there will be a software update which will be addressing these "splotching issues on the screen" *his words not mine* I recommend you wait a few weeks and try again because like i said, we're putting out a software update to address these issues specifically."

i love that there's been enough noise made that they're working on clearing up the issue *and admittedly, i sure do miss that incredible small font Palatino on the PW* but i'm pretty skeptical how something like LED issues can be addressed through a software update. Bravo to CS regardless. Good reminder why i'm a kindle loyalist
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote