View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 10:35 AM   #60
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
I don't know, what's so neat in the idea that we are all blind and that only a chosen few are allowed to see and tell us what to think and do?

I suppose there are millions of neat ideas out there. Personally I like mine seasoned with a bit of fact. The only fact Plato's theories are based on is his hatred of life and reality.

Sorry. As you can see, I'm getting a bit overexcited about this. I really really really hate Plato's ideas.
I like very much the screen. It is the metaphor of the impossibility of obtaining a faithful image of reality. BTW about this impossibility there are no privileged chosen to be remembered.

It is a very actual and realistic thought. Reality is so complex that, even in its simplest manifestations, it eludes a representation that is more than limited to a particular and highly simplified abstraction.

It is a central thought for those who are interested in the search for what is this?

There is one of the British Empirist, Hume if I remember correctly, that warns us. If you put on tainted glasses you will see everything green. This very useful thought comes right from the screen.

tirade against reltivism
Spoiler:
All the relativists, those who say that everything is the same as my opinion is as worthy as yours, use the screen constantly, varying its opacity at will, and discouraging their targets to find more. To their advantage of course. The modern obscurantism. Obtained by flashing the blinding light of false egalitarianism in the eyes of the admiring masses, that finally have a justification for debasing themselves in any possible way.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote