View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 09:23 PM   #15
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Of course, we don't know if "collections" is a hybrid of tags and folders ...

The PDF pan and zoom is a nice-to-have in a pinch to make SOME use of pdf ... but a Kindle 2 really is suited for that format. But, hey, zoom and pan is a plus.

I'm not sure how they get to more fonts and "improved clarity". It's nice to have a little choice in fonts -- a sans serif alternate, for example. I actually rather like the existing serif font. How do we get to "improved clarity"? Denser letters? Isn't that a function of e-ink?

I don't mind a password protect so long as I can turn it off and keep it off. I'm not concerned about the husband, or the cats, running amok with my Kindle when I'm not around.

But the last two: Facebook/Twitter and "see what the Kindle community thinks of interesting passages" ... sounds a lot like that blogger in another thread who had Big Ideas on How To Fix E-Readers. And will any of this apply to non-US Kindles outside of the US? On a clear day, from the top of a tower, I can see Buffalo ....
Perhaps they are going to implement the font hacks that have been available for a while now.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45660
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote