View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #152
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Okay, I'll start this off

a) PID: 4163 rev: 326

b) I bought my Touch in the Netherlands, but before it was officially released in the Netherlands. I think my supplier might have got it from Germany, but I'm not sure.

c) I've always done all my regular/official updates via Wifi. I've never done any via Desktop, except for the very first (which was 1.9.14). I updated to the unofficial/Japanese 2.0.2 manually (copying the unzipped files to .kobo), and after that to 2.1.1 the same way

d) I have had no troubles at all with any of the updates, except from 2.0.2 to 2.1.1 where the first try my Kobo started up with 2.0.0 for some reason. Putting 2.1.1 on top of that went fine. Yes, 2.0.0 gave me horribly slow page turns and wrong book covers and all the rest of the reported issues, which is why I escaped to 2.0.2 (which didn't help much) and then to 2.1.1 (which is almost perfect).

e) Yep I'm lucky

P.S. And I use a Mac... maybe that's relevant?
I've just had to do a million resets and one of them got me to my original firmware: it's 1.9.11 r32877, 9/23/11.

(Unfortunately it wasn't fully functional so now I'm stuck in the resetting game again, but at least we now know my device started with 1.9.11!)
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote