View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #270
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad, PRS-T3, Kobo GLO HD, Paperwhite 2, PB Ultra, Ony Boox Max
Comics were a material I not planned to read before. I experimented comics with iPad2 (Marvell app) and some B/W with iLiad. Finally I never experimented gray-scaled comics on 9.7 pearl screen

Answering your question: Yes, I am fascinated of how Triton renders colors of Marvell comics it has an old-fashion effect that surprise me the first time I saw it.

Yes @Valentinka, even if I didn't expect this color rendering (I expected like you something more saturated like iPad) I can honestly say I prefer the Triton imperfection among iPad2 perfection.

Edit: I want add this to be clear: even if I like how Triton renders colors of comic, I never dream to do a photoediting (for example) or see a photorealistic image with a screen like JBC. It's a pity because before I thought of electronic photo frame as a possible application of eink Triton: do you think of it? But I know now it is simple impossible at the present moment. Maybe one day.... with some trasparent material over the screen and/or more reflective thing on the screen... The research I hope will continue and perhaps one day I would like have a digital frame on my desk rendering like photo paper and print on the screen for years without charging

am I a dreamer? of course

Last edited by mod186k1; 03-19-2012 at 05:50 PM.
mod186k1 is offline   Reply With Quote