View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 12:35 AM   #2
JaneFancher
Zealot
JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle2
Update: I got to really looking at the handful of paragraphs showing correctly in Calibre and found a single code that they [I]didn't[I] have in common with the paragraphs appearing incorrectly. It was an apparently extraneous font definition. Extraneous because the "body style" description should have taken care of that.

So...I wiped that one line and got it out of the way of the default font and everything seems ok now in Calibre, at least, although it still doesn't show the specialty fonts.

More confusingly...I wonder why the problem didn't show up until I put the @font code in.

For the record, I wrote my original file in WordPerfect. When I published to html, WP put a font style code in every paragraph, as well as a default font style at the top of the file. Department of redundancy department. That is the source of the extraneous style code.

Anyway, just a heads up for anyone trying to do this font embedding stuff.
JaneFancher is offline   Reply With Quote