View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 02:47 PM   #11
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
A page number that isn't consistent isn't very useful to me. I like to have a way to jump to a location in a book but I need to know that when I enter that location, that's where I'm going. So far the Amazon system is working well in that regard. I think people find the numbering system foreign so it's not very popular, but it at least works consistently.

As for the question at hand, I voted for the Cybook. I think the Bebook could overtake them with some work on their firmware. If they fixed their bugs, added dictionary and font support, and maybe sweetened the deal with another highly-desired feature like folder support or content search, Cybook would be in trouble.
BeBook does support a folder structure, it also has a better design in terms of where page turning buttons are located.
I have both the BeBook and the Cybook and my preference is for the BeBook.
I have a large number of books in RTF format which is nicely suported on the Bebook and not at all on the Cybook.
I don't like the PDF implementation on the Cybook at all. The little arrows that appear on the zoomed PDF is utterly irritating to me. I much prefer the faded grey text.
Mobi support is now perfectly acceptable on the BeBook following the 5 December update. Although I cant speak for the dictionary support, this is not a feature that is important to me.
I would like to see BeBook team improve the Lit format as this is still a poor implementation.
The Bebook team seem to be committed to constant improvement of the device as are all the other Hanlin clones.

Karen
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote