Thread: Regex examples
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 11:25 AM   #411
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Reread my regex. I did think of that.
My bad. I didn't notice the space was inside the optional grouping. Part of the reason I don't like to use a lot of extraneous grouping in my regex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Nitpick: I used an optional capture group, which includes a space (because as a general idea, I like demanding spaces after the tag name and before the attribute, to avoid matching the wrong tags)
If you're worried about matching the wrong tags (like <image for <i), just make sure there's a word break after the element name.
Code:
<p\b[^>]*>
Or if you're in calibre's editor, even the end-of-word match:
Code:
<p\M[^>]*>
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote