Thread: Literary Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #48
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I'm only just over a third through this book. I'm finding it a bit painful to be honest. Nearly every time I start reading I want to fall asleep after about 10 pages.

I'm going to try to read a chunk tonight as I need to return the novel to the library soon.
I thought it was a bit painful too, and I did fall asleep a few times. I especially struggled with the book at the 50-75% range. It really lost its rhythm for me once I hit part two and the long travel list. I think this book is probably one that is easier / more appreciated on a repeat read. It could have been that I was a bit apprehensive about what to expect and how lewd it might be so I think I was constantly wondering where the book was going to go next.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote