View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #15
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
I didn't expect to enjoy ebooks as much as I have but I haven't bought a fiction book in any other format since I purchased my Kobo.

e-books are my preference for things I read for pleasure (i.e. what I used to buy as paperbacks) or books that are meant to be read from start to finish.
- nice to just take the Kobo loaded with every book I want to read instead of multiple books when I travel.
- nothing beats buying books online and having them seconds later (especially those of us who do not have a good bookstore handy)

Yet in terms of reference books (I use a lot of books in my profession) though I prefer a paper book for a number of reasons.
-Easier to search and find things (although e readers are coming along nothing yet beats sticky notes to mark things for later reference. I usually need more than one book mark and not just the last place I was.)
-You can open multiple paper books at the same time and look at them at the same time. (hard to do on a computer much less an ereader)
-not restricted to a set sized screen makes pictures and diagrams easier to read.
- able to pass the books along to colleagues for comment and discussion without any hassle.
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote