View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
Amazon Kindle 2.0 rumors - price increase

Reading the amazon blogs, I noticed this post by Stephen Windwalker about how he understands Amazon will handle the backordered kindles and replacing them with 2.0.

http://kindlehomepage.blogspot.com/2...e-for-2nd.html

The big kicker for me was that his confidential sources say "The company's plan, it says here, is to contact these back-ordered customers in the next few weeks to offer them the chance to upgrade their order to a Kindle 2.0, at relatively small additional cost (about 10% of the existing Kindle price)."

So we're looking like the price might go back up closer to the 400 dollar mark, since I can't imagine them making that offer but having new buyers pay less.

That's helpful in a way, personally - I definitely don't want to spend 400 myself!
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote