View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 01:13 AM   #41
seanos
Zealot
seanos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Aura H2O, LG V20
I can't see that this mad scramble to blame random other programs is helpful. Yes, it could be a WinAmp skin, but hey maybe it's the CIA too.

I've been spending some time adding lines back into my sigil.ini (from the one that stops Sigil running). This is the culprit for me...

Code:
dictionary_name=en_AU
This is a dictionary copied from LibreOffice 4.0 to ...AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\hunspell_dictionaries.

After some exploration I found that there were dictionaries in another folder (...Program Files (x86)\Sigil\hunspell_dictionaries) and some of the languages had duplicate files. Australian English wasn't one of them, but it looks like Sigil had created zero-sized versions of the en_AU files in that folder.

After more tests, it seems that attempting to load any dictionary from ...AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\hunspell_dictionaries will cause Sigil to crash on startup. If they are located in ...Program Files (x86)\Sigil\hunspell_dictionaries then Sigil runs fine.

This is probably not an optimal situation as Windows users won't have direct rights over program folders, but will have full control over AppData folders.

Last edited by seanos; 06-11-2013 at 10:10 PM.
seanos is offline   Reply With Quote