View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
MattW
Connoisseur
MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS 505, Sony PRS T2, Kindle PW
US Paperwhite in Europe

Hi,

I know that nobody except Amazon can answer the following question definitely, but I'm hoping for some experience from older Kindles. I've ordered a Paperwhite 3G in the USA from a friend who lives there (I live in Europe, Austria to be exact).

The shipping date is Oct 15th, so it'll be there in a few days and then she'll DHL it over to me, which means I'd have it at the end of next week.

Today, without prior announcement Amazon.de is offering the Paperwhite for preorder in Germany which means I could've ordered it here (it'll be released Nov 22).

My question is: will it be possible to use 3G here in Europe and access the German store from the device once the European version of the Paperwhite has been released? Or am I better off canceling my US order and ordering from Amazon.de, just to be on the safe side (a month of waiting isn't too much).

Any thoughts?

Last edited by MattW; 10-11-2012 at 04:10 PM. Reason: typos
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote