View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #146
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I think it is interesting that some of the PWs with bad screens seem to get better and/or worse over time. Mine was terrible, then a few days later seemed greatly improved, then got bad again. I'm shipping it back today. I'm tempted to hold on to it a few weeks to make sure it doesn't get recycled and sent to one of first wave of buyers in the same situation as we are. But I'm afraid I'll forget about it and then get charged for it.
Bleh, you mean you're thinking of sending back your replacement, too? (EDIT: Oh, I think you mean your original bad unit?)

I had one day with my PW (under identical lighting conditions as any other day) where the color blobs seemed faded (I probably posted about it), but it didn't last.

My replacement is out for delivery today, but I'm pretty resigned to getting another bad one, based on stories/images here, customer images on Amazon.com (both from happy and unhappy users), and the 1 & 2-star reviews.

Amusingly, I noticed the Amazon trade-in value of the Kindle Keyboard/3rd gen went up a few dollars in the last few days. (Glad I never went through with trading mine in--it's still my plan B.)

Like a lot of people, I feel that there's definitely an element of marketing fail to this whole thing. They created ridiculous expectations, which, coupled with the obvious QC issues, seems to mean that almost no one got a unit that actually looks like the marketing materials. I could have probably 'settled' for a unit with a decent screen (if I get one), but not after the hype, and not for $120 with the audio hardware removed.

Last edited by Trauma Doll; 10-09-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote