View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 04:59 PM   #7
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
Most reports I've read say that the Nook STR seems to have a worse screen, fwiw. Although keeping in mind that they are all Pearl screens, I don't know if B&N Nook has a lower "grade" screen, or whether it was all random. I think the Nook STR, in terms of form factor, has everything I want in an ebook reader. Configurable side page turn buttons, touch screen, and wi-fi. I just don't think the implementation has been great, I don't like the restrictions around having non-B&N books, or the lack of a supported browser, etc. All of this may be fixable by rooting the STR and it's still on my "list" but I don't know if I should wait.
I know all Pearl screens should be similar and I have never heard anyone saying that Nook's have better screens.... but that model I saw in store had a much better screen than the other models on display - SONY 350 and T1, various Kindles and Kobo Touch. The Nook just stood out...
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote