View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #6
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepie View Post
I think that's a good thing to happen, that ereaders should outsell tablets.

But these figures might change because new tablets are being introduced all the time. Android just launched version 3.1 and the next version is coming up.

I'm not heavily into tablets, as I just returned mine. But I can see that there might be a shift in the statistics if there little innovation for ereaders. I haven't seen much happen lately and am wondering what's coming up .
New tablets are introduced daily.
Doesn't mean they're selling.
Don't confuse churn with progress; the reason you see so much activity in the Android market is because the OS is still half-baked and the tablets just aren't meeting expectations, as your own experience seems to bear out.
If you don't see much happen lately in ebook readers (other than new Nooks and Kobos) it is because the market is still assimilating the last batch of improved tech.
Also, don't assume tablet sales *must* come at ebook expense; they are really aimed at different markets.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote