View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 06:17 AM   #5
Galina
Enthusiast
Galina began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmorrissey View Post
Would be nice to get everyone in the "PocketBook Dictionary" thread to share experiences since they will probably be similar for all languages. (E.g., my own interests are Italian-Eng, German-Eng, and Italian-Italian and German-German.)
Unfortunately, there are few to care about dictionaries among Pocketbook officers.
There is a hacked version of stardict made to work on Irex Iliad. I'm quite sure it could be adapted for pocketbook, and it is Open Source. This will also prevent conversion errors since we could work with the native stardict files, many of them not being even able to be converted because of the "h" flag. Mobipocket is an example of how external dictionaries can be integrated, and many of us would be willing to pay a fair price to have an extensive and good-looking dictionary. Not everybody wants everything for nothing, even if it's open source.
I'm wondering whether the scheduled Lingvo co-operation will lead to the integration of Lingvo's software into the firmware or merely the dictionary files the way they already are.
Since competition in this market is getting fiercer and fiercer, it might be worth thinking about such distinctive features.
Galina is offline   Reply With Quote