View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #100
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
I was aware of Kindle and readers when I first saw a Sony at Borders a year or two ago.

Then, Kindle was just starting to ramp up on amazon. (where I've always shopped) It was on their home page for eons, so I just had it in the back of my mind.

What really got me interested was seeing one in person. A lady on the train was reading it. I couldn't believe how good the screen looked. I had no interested until I saw that it looked a LOT like printed paper. OK, to be fair, it looks like printing on junky recycled paper, but it is close enough.

After that, I bought one right away. Then, I found the kindle forum at Amazon. The forum software there is lame, so I googled and found this place. A member here mentioned kindleboards, but as with other things, I prefer a less model-specific, more international forum.

This may sound dumb, but I really like this place because the writing is at a much higher level than other fora. (spelling, grammar, sentence construction, etc.) I feel like I'm talking to intellectual equals, rather than knuckle-draggers who happen to share some other interest.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote