View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 06:35 PM   #8
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonie View Post
Light: I read a lot in bed with no lamps on, while my wife is sleeping (or trying to ). I use a clip-on light now and would love to get an ereader that is nicely back-lit in bot the dark, and very dim conditions. This is very important.
A front-light makes your eyes go funny in the dark, no matter how dim it goes. You'll still need a clip-on light. But the front-light is handy for dim situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonie View Post
Audio books: I listen to audio books in the car (iPhone) when I'm driving to work or elsewhere on my own. I currently use audible. Some of those books are like 40+ hours long of listening...I read about whispersync and thought it would be cool to listen and read the same book and have simple synching ability.
AFAIK no mainstream e-reader offers audio anymore. There are other things that are harder to get and cost more. I'd forget this if I were you.

If you like your current Kobo, I's suggest the new Kobo Aura (not the HD).

But you might want to wait. Normally new e-readers come out in the fall. You might want to get a new model or get a deal on a current model being phased out.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote