View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #11
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Not really NOTICEABLE to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes there are. The PW2 has a faster CPU (it indexes books significantly more quickly, for example) and the lighting is a lot better - more even illumination.
Those differences may be there but they are not noticeable to me. I opened my PW 2012 and 2013 side by side and they appear to be mirror images. In fact, the PW 2012 now seems to have better contrast than the PW 2013. Micro differences in CPU speed are really not noticeable to me at all.

All the features including bookmarks (the main improvement IMHO of the PW 2013) are now EXACTLY the same.

If I was a new buyer of an eReader and could save money with a PW 2012 over a PW 2013, I'd buy the PW 2012.

I just hope the PW 2014 has some major differences or I may forego an upgrade this year.

Last edited by sirmaru; 03-07-2014 at 10:32 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote