View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
happysnapper22
Connoisseur
happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 & PW3
Basic Kindle 'v' Paperwhite

Hi folks

Both Wife and I have Kindle readers, the basic reader with the page turn buttons (not a Touch) its around a year old so not the current £69 version but the one previous to that. Overall we're both delighted with these and use them a lot. We're both particularly impressed with the screens and the general 'readability' of the page. We use our Kindle's as pure book readers so have no interest in web browsers/email/Apps/colour screens or other tablet-like functionality.

Whilst neither of us have any particular complaints about our Kindle's It's wife's birthday coming up and I'm contemplating getting her an upgrade to the Paperwhite (PW) . I'd be interested in feedback from users who have taken this upgrade route. For me the biggest factor in any upgrade is the readability of the screen.

Questions

1) With the screen lighting turned OFF is there any difference in the clarity or general readability of the Kindles we currently have and the PW?

2) One of the reasons I like our current basic Kindle's is that it does have the page turn buttons . I have a thing about dirty screens and the buttons avoid the need to touch the screen at all thereby reducing the need to clean the screen. So how quickly does the screen get dirty from page turn touches and general use? Do you find this a problem?

3) One last query, based on past product release frequency any thoughts on the probability of a Paperwhite II hitting the market any time soon?

All comment & opinion welcome.
happysnapper22 is offline   Reply With Quote