View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #493
Penny_Dreadful
She/Her
Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle PW5 (G001PX) PW3 PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgarionNL View Post
1: if you want to have a Yes or No Column in calibre for books in goodreads read here:
Kiwidude answers this in the first post of this help thread just scroll down to "Displaying a Goodreads Identifier Column" and click the show button.

Quote:
2: if you want your tags from goodreads in calibre (and remove the current tags in calibre) do this:
The Goodreads Sync plug-in wont remove any tags from Calibre*, because that would drive many of us with non-Goodreads tags mental if a plug-in removed them unnecessarily.

This question is really about the Goodreads metadata plug-in but I'll answer it here so you can see it.

I'm assuming all your metadata apart from tags is correct, if not adjust the instruction as necessary.

Select all your badly tagged books, bulk edit metadata and use the remove tags text area to remove the incorrect tags or use the check box to remove all tags.

With the books still selected (if you have 100's or 1000's of books do them in batches not all at once) go to download metadata, and choose to configure downloads, before you change things use the "Set as Default" button to save your current set-up. Then deselect all the sources apart from Goodreads and deselect all metadata fields apart from tags.

Click Apply, then Download only metadata, and Calibre will download tags from only Goodreads for all your selected books.

Once you are done go back to the metadata options and click the "Select Default" to set your metadata downloads back to what you had before.

(* it will remove some tags if told to in the add to shelf/sync to shelves area but I don't believe that's what you are looking for yet)

Quote:
once again I am trying to set it up and I forgot how to create a yes or no column and unfortunately their is no easy help function so it takes way to much time to set it up and I think a lot of people just stop and don't bother with it anymore!

help is way too long and not really helpfull! give simple instructions on how to set it up and then people can always mess around with it and improve on it!

ETC
I imagine Kiwidude has only a small amount of time on which to work on a hobby like this, therefore it's probably better if he uses that time working on the plugin\s than writing up new help documents, especially considering your first question was answered in this thread and your second question has nothing to do with this plug-in but was about Calibre functions and the Goodreads Metadata plug-in.
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote