View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 06:20 AM   #957
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I had a look at the code. It looks like it is querying the current USB bus. But, there must be some filtering I am missing as it is only reporting readers. I suspect if a device that calibre didn't know about was plugged in, it wouldn't report it.

I think the calibre device detection is the best method. It not only reports the ids but it also reports what calibre thinks the device is.
I'm not able to check at the moment, but I didn't have Calibre running at the time I tried. Would that make a difference? It seems to me (now!) that it might.
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote