Thread: PRS-300 Battery trouble (I think) ?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
Post OK...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
The Sony 300 does NOT charge through the mini USB port other than through your computer. For that model you have to get the Sony barrel plug charger or a generic one that works with the Sony PSP. It's the barrel plug with the yellow tip.
Using the barrel plug will allow it to charge through a wall plug and let you read at the same time.
Re-trying again today via a PC which is AWAKE & will stay so.

Didn't know about the specific wall-wart needed otherwise...
I just want to know if it'll hold a charge & wake up before considering spending any $ on a battery.
(It was new & literally only ever got charged before ONE time !)

It'd be great (like the EZ Readers) if it could take a generic phone-type battery that I could get for just a few $...are there any substitutions for this battery that anyone knows of ?
(There's no point in spending any more than a few $ if this reader is scrap.)

Thanks !
smallhagrid is offline   Reply With Quote