View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #2
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Hello Garrett.
Sorry you were disappointed with your 600's screen.
I cannot be sure if your reader was faulty or not without seeing it, but I suspect it wasn't.
For one thing, even though I just love my 600, I'm always severely disappointed when I see it side by side with 505. (Of course when I just use it on its own, as I'm supposed to do, I forget all about it and I'm happy again).
Another thing is that I have found the surrounding light affects very much the perceived contrast of the screen. If the lighting is dim, the screen will appear much worse than under a strong, bright light.
If you liked the screen in the store, I would suggest to give it another try, without being distracted by the 505s and taking care to have good lighting when reading. However, there are some people who just can't stand the screen, and you might be one of them. It's ultimately up to you.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote