View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 01:08 PM   #310
lacrimal
lacrimal began at the beginning.

Device: K4 black
K4 almost dead :-)

First of all, this is my first post so Hi everybody !

I'm here because all things that supposed to bring back my kindle failed.

I'l give you basic information about what I already done.
My model is D01100. It is bricked with frozen page that appears few second after system is up (not all library loaded).

First problem - maybe main - is that battery, its behavior is different than reported on this forum. Led is always orange and never green, after few hours led turns off and ... battery stop loading.
How do I know that ? Because I measured voltage on device. If I leave my K4 connected to charger after few days (led is off) voltage on battery drops from about 3,9 V to 2,5 V and lower.
Also tried:
  • Kubrick - this stops working on switching device to fastboot.
  • MfgTool - power + down btn works and program reports successfully switch to fastboot but fastboot.exe after installing libusb driver gives 'Waiting for device...'
  • Loading while in fastboot mode - this giving strange behavior. Device is loading about 1 h and after that disconnect USB music appears.

My personal idea is to open device and try load battery from external USB charger (device is after warranty). I can also connect other 3,7 V battery but i guess it is tricky because K4 battery is smart type.

Can you give me some other options?

Thanks

P.S. English is not my first language so forgive me if something is unclear. And apologize resurrection - i missed last date.

Last edited by lacrimal; 10-17-2014 at 01:10 PM.
lacrimal is offline   Reply With Quote