View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #13
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardancalibre View Post
The only problem being that the format must be epub (but with calibre it wouldn't be a problem) and the file where you find your annotations is a labyrinth of tags (at least that is what somebody showed me in this link

http://www.imagebam.com/image/35ad3b224949715

Is it what I will find, or is there an easy way I can find my annotations?
That is correct. The problem is that Kobo have not supplied an easy way to export annotations. The file above is how ADE stores stores the annotations when you are reading. The Kobo devices also store them in a database. Neither method of retrieving the annotations is ideal. The calibre method puts them in the comment field, which I don't like. Using the file has the advantage that it is XML and someone would be able to transform it into a more user friendly format. Or, and I haven't tried this, the file could probably be copied to the equivalent place for a PC installation of ADE and viewed when reading the epub in ADE.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote