View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #443
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallOfCth'reader View Post
After re-watching the video on the Triton display, I can't help wondering how much the front light in readers such as the Paperwhite would improve the colour experience of the Tritons.
Probably will not hurt. But the intensity and temperature of the ambient lighting may just overpower the light in the device under various conditions. So while the front light might aid in darker rooms it may have no no effect or worsen the color accuracy under other conditions. Viewing angle will likely have significant effect as well.

I suspect Triton might come soon yet won't be all that accurate. Nothing I've run across so far shows anything else. Plus not a lot to be gained by simply moving the "backlighting" to the front calling it "frontlighting". In the end you still end up with an LED lighted display. Probably lower energy but still more of a hybrid between active and passive panels.

All for whatever gets us better color reproduction for reading and photo viewing. I am interested in seeing the new KF HD's panel with it's curved/rounded design and polarizing layer. And yes it is still not the greatness that are EPD E-ink type displays. One step at a time, right? We have been hearing that for, what, a few decades now?
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote