View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
menelic
Enthusiast
menelic began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T2
Let's make Irex sell the DR800SG in Europe from October

The DR800SG seems the best eReader out there for academic use. Irex seems to be strong on pdf and provides great note taking features - this makes the new reader highly attractive for students, lecturers and researchers. I am sure there is a sizeable customer base in Europe that needs these same use cases. So lets link up and make Irex sell their new reader in Europe from October! Since teh Quallcomm 3G connectivity enables global functionality, the device they're selling in the US is identical to what thee y will launch in Europe some time later. Why wait for them to finalise 3G negotiations which they claim they're starting at Frankfurt Book Fair in October only? Having read up on previous Irex readers and having tried the Sony 600 as well as the pocketbook 302 at IFA it seems the DR800SG is the reader to go for academic use. Lets make Irex - a Dutch company - sell their product in Europe from October - and be it per mail order from NL!

How could this be done? I Suggest we start a posting blitz here

http://i-to-i.irexnet.com/2009/09/23...ader/#comments

and also email them and/ or invite their representative to post here directly in response to people who want the DR800SG s features in Europe now without having to wait for 3G plans agreed in half of the EU before roll out.

lets make it happen!
menelic is offline   Reply With Quote