Thread: Aura HD Kobo Aura HD
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #543
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Unless taming uses a line height smaller then 1.3, it is going to be an inefficient waste of screen space as 1.3 is just too big.

I'm going to put together one more War of the Worlds that has the font size set to a specific size. That way, I can compare the screen shot to my 650 and see how much more text I get on screen in comparison.

The problem is that you cannot compare your PW to taming's Aura as you don't know the settings for the Aura vs your PW. But I'll know with the next version of WOTW and can do a proper compare for you.
It also depends on the font used. With my current settings: size 4, margins and spacing on the smallest values possible.

Georgia Fat: 29 lines
DejaVu Serif Fat: 28 lines
Veranda Fat: 27 lines
Palatino: 26 lines.
Caecilia: 25 lines

Georgia is a tad smaller than DejaVu on the same size, while Veranda is a tad bigger. The Fat fonts are my own custom ones, the others are Kindle fonts. Their spacing is wider than the custom fonts.

The only thing possible for comparison would indeed be to use the same book: one that does not force any margins, spacings or fonts. Then use the same font. Set the readers to smallest spacing and margins, and set the fonts to the same size as close as possible.

The comparison is of no use if you are going to force any spacing or font or size in the book that the reader cannot set itself, because I'll never do that.

One store in the Netherlands has it for pre-order for 179 euro. Maybe I'll just get it someday and see if I like it. If not, I'll return it.

Last edited by Katsunami; 04-27-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote