View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #62
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Actually Turtle, I have a 4-year degree in statistics and use it quite often in my job. That is besides the point.

The point is, book sales do not bear out that there is any real problem with the books. Smashwords continues to gain in sales, and continues to grow. The market has decided whatever the problems maybe, they do not matter. That is my point.

I am not defensive, just trying to keep this discussion based in the facts of the market. Currently the free market has decided that Smashwords is good. Whether or not you agree is akin to the MS vs Apple, or Android vs IOS or Betamax vs VHS debate. One may or may not be technically better, but one is chosen by the market.

In summary, my point as is, the readers do not care. If they are having problems it is not enough to effect their choices.

As an Indy author, I appreciate the service Smashwords offers and the price the offer it at. I plan to stick with them for the foreseeable future. That may make me biased in this discussion, but I still feel the facts back my choice as wise and correct for the current market.

You of course are clearly entitled to your own opinion, and i respect that, I just do not agree on all counts. Can their service be better? Sure! Will they listen to advice from you and others that is submitted to them directly in a respectful manner? I do not know, I do know that they are moving to EPUB due to customer feed back, so maybe. Try it and see?
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote