Thread: Arc Kobo Arc
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #25
cyndersk
Enthusiast
cyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Touch & Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo-Robin View Post
Just to be clear.

Discovery has two states - cold start and user data.

Cold start mode will fill the discovery bar on first use with general interest items predefined to your location, Kobo recommendations (books) and 7digitals top 50 (music).

As you use the device discovery will be more customized to you. This customization only happens by searching against your current read (contents of the book) and anything you pin. Discovery does not keep track of what you are doing online in anyway. You would need to pin the website for discovery to find related items to the content of that website.

So Discovery searches against:

- your current read
- your location

Pinned

- books
- music
- websites
- text

etc.

Again, the only way discovery sees anything is if you pin it.

The items showing up again is being worked on as we speak.

I'm not sure how you 'Searched' for something in discovery. The only way that discovery could have done anything like you described is if you either have a book open about the english language or you pinned a website about it. Maybe you pinned search results from google? Please explain.
I was searching on google (for a crossword puzzle clue). And I have only pinned a couple of items so far. I'm not sure where it got the English items if it wasn't using my search in google to base things on.

I will wait to make a final decision on it once the items showing up again issue has been corrected. Right now all I have is books showing up - and the majority are ones that I have already read, but they don't disappear....

Thanks for your responses.
cyndersk is offline   Reply With Quote