View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
After using CC for 2 and a half weeks some things now irritate me.

The fact that every time I group books the titles, authors, series or other are grouped by a truncated alphabet and not a full flingable list. When I look at the group by authors I can rarely see all of the authors for any letter without drilling further down. I would very much prefer the ability to have all of my authors in a flingable list.

I setup a custom category and was again frustrated that my custom list was again grouped by letter, causing the list to not be easily viewed without drilling down into the menu structure. It would be so much better if I could quickly view all tags, authors, titles, series or custom categories in a flingable list. I can never remember all the authors that begin with a certain letter and find myself wondering which authors I can't see in the top level. An example of an app that does this well is Moon+ Reader.
It sounds like these are both the same thing -- the ability to skip the first letter view and instead view all the items in the category. For example, selecting group-by-authors would show a flingable list of all authors. Selecting tags would show all tags. Etc.

Do I understand correctly?

If I am understanding, then is there a count of items where you would want the first-letter view to reappear? This would be similar to calibre's tag browser, where the grouping happens only when the number of items exceeds the amount entered in the parameters.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote