View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
Question View custom hierachical columns

I am rather new to calibre, but I think it will give me the flexibility I have been looking for. As I am new, I am still trying to figure out what will work the best for me.

I have been using hierachical custom columns, but I do not like how it shows the entire hierarchy in the columns view. Is it possible to have the columns view only show the last tag in the hierarchary?

For example, say I have a story in the category fantasy.magic.dragons for a fantasy story with magic where the main characters are dragons (I am not using these tags, but it gets my idea across). When I look at the columns, I only want to see the last item, dragons.

I have a lot of stories that fit into many hierachy tags like this. When I look at the columns, I can only see the beginning of the tags (ex: fantasy.magic). I will be using this on a 10.1 inch tablet, I have limited amount of space to see everything, so I cannot just extend the column to see it all.

I had thought about creating one big custom column that would have all the different ways I sort my stories and then use a composite column to take out the relevant tags. For example, I would have columns that would have a category which would have fantasy, a category which would have magic, and a category which would have dragons. But from what I read, that doesn't seem to be what composite columns are for. I don't really understand composite columns and will probably keep reading the forums until I do.

Instead I am hoping there is a way to change what shows in the columns.

- Jade Aislin
Jade Aislin is offline   Reply With Quote