View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 02:13 AM   #6
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadmc View Post
Have you seen any discussion of whether ONIX-style metadata should be stored within an epub file or kept as a separate file? Thanks.
Hi there,
I hadn't heard of ONIX, and after a short amount of googling, I am of the opinion that ONIX is a completely separate standard of ebook metadata. So, I don't know the answer to your question. However, an epub file is simply a zip file with a different extension, so you could certainly put the ONIX info in a file and put it inside the epub file. It's just that no current program would know what to do with it!
Sincerely,
Ben.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote