View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 05:36 AM   #208
grimborg
Enthusiast
grimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-T1
I don't get it: B&N is going out of their way to prevent their ebooks being sold internationally. They clearly don't want us in their shop. We shouldn't be going out of our way to sneak in and give them our money: we should just buy our books elsewhere where we are welcome.

If this happened in a brick-and-mortar shop, it'd be outrageous, and we wouldn't be be discussing how to fake our best American accent and where to find the most American looking clothes so that they would not find out our real nationality and kick us out.

Just don't buy there. There's plenty of other shops.

That said, I did buy a Nook (from ebay), thus indirectly giving my money to B&N. It seemed to me that it was the best ebook reader available. But ebooks from B&N, certainly not.

Re the Nook2, I don't get it either: it's just an underpowered and purposefully limited tablet. I really prefer reading on eink, but if it's a color ebook reader with a fast screen you're after, you're probably better off with a tablet that can run the operating system of your preference, and even will let you use it with a wireless keyboard if you want (and it will let you read books from any place.)

What do you think?
grimborg is offline   Reply With Quote