View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 03:47 AM   #15
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
I was never an avid reader when I was younger. My mother was though she chewed through books like crazy. She was even in a bookclub (doubleday book club I think). This was back in the 70's. This was a time when having extra expenses was a no-no and my dad being a mill worker and a frugal man. So for my mother to buck the hard economic times and my father (for books) were both big deals (even as a youngster I can remember it vividly how she told him books were non-negotiable).

So here I was not interested in reading and then my mother passed away when I was 11. I don't tell this story to be a sad story. Its just part of the story. Anyway here were all these books in the living room. And I found myself reading "Creeks Mary Blood". A fictional story about Wounded Knee. I remember my mother saying this was her favorite book so for some reason I read it. And I found it fascinating. Really I haven't stopped reading since. That was 28 years ago. Pretty much a book every day or two.

Thats my story and I am sticking to it.

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 02-15-2010 at 03:50 AM.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote