View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 09:20 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_A20 View Post
I'm sorry if I confused the issue, I'm just a newbie, but I think it depends on the end goal.

I'm not familiar with Calibre, and I'm sure there are several tools to convert from epub to mobi.

If all that is desired is to produce a readable mobi document, they will suffice.

However, if the goal is to produce a publishable document meeting Amazon spec's and the Kindle Publishing Guidelines, then the mobi document should be created using Kindlegen, and that is a hand-built process, which is certainly slower and more difficult than using a conversion utility.

I certainly bow to JSWolf's superior knowledge and experience, and will put Calibre on my growing list of things to investigate in the world of e-book publishing.

Tony
It sounds like Kindlegen is just a slightly modified MobiGen. If the goal is to use it to convert to Mobipocket, then yes, Calibre can do this quite well and do so a lot easier.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote