View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
Tony_A20
Enthusiast
Tony_A20 knows what's going on.Tony_A20 knows what's going on.Tony_A20 knows what's going on.Tony_A20 knows what's going on.Tony_A20 knows what's going on.Tony_A20 knows what's going on.Tony_A20 knows what's going on.Tony_A20 knows what's going on.Tony_A20 knows what's going on.Tony_A20 knows what's going on.Tony_A20 knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 3
I'm sorry if I confused the issue, I'm just a newbie, but I think it depends on the end goal.

I'm not familiar with Calibre, and I'm sure there are several tools to convert from epub to mobi.

If all that is desired is to produce a readable mobi document, they will suffice.

However, if the goal is to produce a publishable document meeting Amazon spec's and the Kindle Publishing Guidelines, then the mobi document should be created using Kindlegen, and that is a hand-built process, which is certainly slower and more difficult than using a conversion utility.

I certainly bow to JSWolf's superior knowledge and experience, and will put Calibre on my growing list of things to investigate in the world of e-book publishing.

Tony
Tony_A20 is offline   Reply With Quote