Thread: Touch 1.2 Update?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #13
vlark
vlark began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
I updated 2 Nooks manually today. Haven't had a chance to really notice any differences.
FYI though, when the "installing software" they both looked like they got stuck about halfway, and stayed there for several minutes. One longer than the other. Long enough for me to get really worried something was wrong. Sigh of relief when they finally finished!
Thanks to everyone for your responses! I went ahead and downloaded the update and did a manual install; I had the same experience as Asawi with the long update process, but it evenually worked.

I noticed all the updates that were detailed above.

A few other things I noticed:

1) The fonts on the button bar (when you push the n button) seems smaller and smoother. Ditto with the in-book pop-up menu.

2) There's a new preference under the Shop menu in Settings. We now have the option to redeem Gift Cards and check Gift Card balances.

3) Under Social settings, there is a new option called Auto-friending, which will automatically add Facebook friends as Nook friends. This is enabled by default, so you might want to check your settings.
vlark is offline   Reply With Quote