View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 05:43 AM   #1
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Speakin' of weird: Linux build eating accented chars.

Hey, kids (Valloric!):

Don't try THIS at home. One of my guys is running Xubuntu 10.04. VM is XP SP3. 64-bit. When he imports perfectly good html into Sigil, what gets exported vis-a-vis accented characters is that the accented chars get eaten, entirely...so that "Déjà vu" comes out as "dj vu." It happened on other words, like resume, cafe, etc., so that you get resum, caf, and the like. Oddly enough, my authors are a bit perturbed about this, the ingrates.

FWIW, the html editor he uses outputs Windows-1252 (another convert to NoteTab!), but I don't think that's playing into it, since I use the same editor.

We've tested it with both of using the same html file...and it works fine in my Sigil, which is plain jane Windows 32-bit, but the Linux is just sucking the tasty accented vowels right outta there.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone else even notice it? We're going to test some more snippets before we put in a bug report, but I didn't see anything else that suggested that it had been noticed by anyone else.

It's actually problematic for me...some of my sub-contractors use Linux, and I can't be giving them books if I have to get ulcers over this, which isn't going to help their income stream, either. Thoughts? Confirms?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote