View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #18
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pargoo View Post
I'm happy to report problem solved I now have a justified story with nice neat margins and paragraph indents. Now I just have to get some small lines of text centered with the left-hand side lined up strait...using 'center' aligns them nicely, but with ragged edges on both sides.
pargoo: (See mrmikel and Toxaris' replies)

You cannot "center" various paragraphs/lines and have them then also align on the left-hand side at the same time. I think you mean, indent, is that right? I mean, think about it: "center" uses the character count of the line, and centers it based upon that. Unless all the lines you want centered have the same character count, they cannot "line up nicely" on the left-hand side.

If that's the case, that you want left-aligned but indented paragraphs (that are also indented on the right-hand-side) simply create a paragraph class that has both left-and-right indents. Or you can try Blockquotes, but as we are walking before running here, just create a paragraph style that has the same margin on both the left and right-hand sides.

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 11-09-2013 at 06:40 PM. Reason: RE: Missed that Toxaris and mrmikel had replied first.
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote