View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 02:57 AM   #12
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
again...each person is different. eink is not the end all of displays for reading. How heavy were the text books you learned from? If you were like many people, your texts were HUGE and you held them for hours on end under all manner of conditions. Though, most of the time that kinda sucked...hehehehe...still we did it easily enough.
I'm apparently not like many people , even if I did go to university for five years, I think I had 4 or 5 of those big, floppy books and I read them sitting at a desk so I could easily make notes. My professors were good at making compilations and apparently European text books are less text heavy (it was rumoured that American publishers pay more for longer books) I studied comp. sci. and communication for that matter.

Anyway, it's not a good argument that I should keep 'punishing' myself with something uncomfortable just because I'm used to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
Weight is also not as significant in many cases for some people. Other than carrying something in my pocket, weight is my last criteria when looking at a portable device.
There's a big difference between sitting and reading in a comfortable chair and holding either 200 g or 1.5-2 Kg
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote