View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #15
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
For me its a bit different because I write iteratively. By that I mean, I write some, I edit some, [...]
This is how I work too. I have read lots of advice (blogs/columns etc. Dear Abby for writers ) that suggest a writer should barge forward and only come back later, but I don't seem to be able to work like that. Other advice suggests putting the first completed draft up for a number of months and coming back, which I have been doing and it does change the perspective a little: paragraphs and dialogue that seemed so important before but now seem to get in the way, and things like that.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote