Thread: Manga?!?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 10:23 PM   #10
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
You like a lot of the same authors I like, though I don't care for Donaldson. Yes, definitely try Nausicaa. Deep story, only six volumes, and about as apocolyptic as you can get and still have characters to tell a story with. The art is rather dense, though, a bit atypical of manga, which is usually more spare. Miyazaki is better known for his anime movies, e.g. Spirited Away, which I highly recommend.

Try Rumiko Takahashi - Ranma 1/2 is easy to find, or Inu Yasha, but more specifically I think you'd like some of her Rumic World stories, e.g. The Laughing Target. I'd also recommend 3x3 Eyes, which is sort of horror-comedy, with a lot of quirkiness.

If you're interested in watching some anime, I would definitely recommend Neon Genesis Evangelion based on your reading tastes, but the manga isn't much like the anime. Same with Vision of Escaflowne-- I think you'd like the anime, but the manga is completely different (and not very good).
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote