View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #16013
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool chronological vs date published order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
I haven't and I'm already 60% in. But on Amazon The Magician's Nephew is book number one. Also, I searched prior to starting the book and it says the correct reading order is:

The Magician’s Nephew
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
The Horse and His Boy
Prince Caspian
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Silver Chair
The Last Battle

I've watched The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe when it first got released so I kind of know the story. I recall the characters: Peter, Edmund, and Lucy (I forgot the other one's name) anyway, the characters in The Magician's Nephew are different which made me think at first that it's not part of the series but rather a stand alone novel but then the Witch appeared and then Aslan...
Quoted from wikipedia.org

Quote:
Reading order

Fans of the series often have strong opinions over the order in which the books should be read. The issue revolves around the placement of The Magician's Nephew and The Horse and His Boy in the series. Both are set significantly earlier in the story of Narnia than their publication order and fall somewhat outside the main story arc connecting the others. The reading order of the other five books is not disputed.
Quote:
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote