View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 12:07 PM   #130
plivesey
plivesey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by _darch View Post
Im trying to get Android to boot on my Glo following angor00's guide.
I used dd on my macbook to transfer the .img to a Kingston microSDHD 16 GB class 4 card. But when I try to boot I get a couples of black flashes on the screen and the LED first goes blue, then white and the it flashed green a couple of time and stays on, and then nothing else happens, just white screen. When I try to turn it off again the LED flashes green once and then I need to use a paperclip to reset it to book back into Nickel.
Do I need to get to a windows machine and use the Flash Drive Image Writer, or can anyone confirm that it is possible to install android onto the Kobo Glo using a Mac?
dd on a Mac certainly works. The only issue I've had is that I've had to unmount partitions on the SD card (but not eject it) using Disk Utility before writing to the card. The command I use is:-

dd if=source.img of=/dev/disk6

where the actual output file can be found from Disk Utility by right clicking on the SD card and selecting Information.

Note: The destination should be the SD card and not some partition on it. For example of=/dev/disk6s1 is incorrect.
plivesey is offline   Reply With Quote