View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 08:56 AM   #33
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
... on eink, is what I said. I don't read books on my TV set, and I don't want to watch moving pictures in my books.
I guess you never bought a WebTV, then.
Novelty is fun! And sells more models..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
Oh, [semiruggedness] will [happen]. Pocketbook has a few models in their lineup, they just can't get the panels in significant numbers yet. They are aiming at the educational market, amongst other things, where a glass panel really won't do.
I never said it was impossible. I said it won't happen. It's not profitable.
I could theoretically give you clear ceramic displays tomorrow that would never shatter or scratch like glass. Beancounters would probably murder me before you got it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
It's actually displaying a "feature" of E Ink: Partial screen refresh. Only the quarter needs to be updated (which I assume requires less power), while the rest of the picture can remain stable.
Ooooh, cool
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote