View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmittell View Post
I hasten to add that I edited EXTH 113 and 501 to the correct values before emailing the book.
There's no point in editing the EXTH entries if you're going to email the book (through Amazon) to your Kindle/Archive. Your changes will be re-changed by Amazon's automated process. Modifying the various EXTH records was the way to get side-loaded, non-amazon ebooks to sync across devices—back in the old days. With the new(er) personal documents syncing feature of Amazon's, there shouldn't be any hoops you need to jump through to sync to Furthest Page Read.

The option being grayed out on your Kindle is what I'd be worried about. Is it grayed out on every single book (Amazon purchased or otherwise)? The only thing I have to offer is the fact that the option ("Sync to Furthest Page Read") is never grayed out my K2 (the US-only model which is older) regardless if the ebook is purchased or personal. Have you restarted your K2 lately? I don't mean put it to sleep and wake it back up, but actually honest-to-pete restarted it? If that doesn't do it... time for a Factory Reset, I'd say.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-04-2012 at 07:53 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote